Instagram has over five hundred million active users. The stats on Instagram could be described as highly impressive and encouraging. A little breakdown will surprise you and at the same time get you excited. Instagram has over 500 million active users with over 300 million active users daily, 80% of those users are outside the USA, 4.2 billion likes every day, and over 95 million photos and videos uploaded every day. This is simply wonderful and a goldmine for online marketers and businesses.
Those statistics should send a signal to your nerves and let you understand how important Instagram could be for your business. The issue is that, how do you get on Instagram and acquire followers that will become your loyal customers? I will be showing you how to do that in the following steps and guidelines
7 Effective Ways to Increase Instagram Followers
1. Signup with Facebook: This is the most easiest and quickest way to set up your Instagram account. It will automatically allow you to follow your friends that are already on Instagram and in turn, they will follow you too. Your friends and family will be the first followers on Instagram which will help boost your profile and get you ready for the main deal
2. Quality Photos: the most important thing on Instagram is the quality of your photos, make sure your photos are of high quality before posting them on Instagram. Having quality photos on Instagram help you get more likes, comments and more followers which will help push you up the ladder and on top of all your competitors within the same niche. If you are taking the pictures with a camera, make sure the lighting and focus are right to get you the right photos you need to go viral on Instagram.
3. Like other Photos: I call this trick notice me. Is like your first day in school, no one knows you and the only way people will start interacting with you is by you taking the first step to say hi or introduce yourself to them. When you like other people photos, those people visit your profile and decide to follow and also like your photos. This is how you start growing your network on Instagram
4. Follow Others: This is the fastest ways of growing your followers on Instagram. When you follow others, they decide to follow you back and create a connection between you both. This helps increase your followers and likes on photos you have on your profile. Follow others to get more followers
5. Comment on other Photos: This method takes more time and work but it surely pays off. When you comment on other people’s photos, you increase the chance of them following you and liking your photos too. Just take some time out of your social media marketing timetable and comment on other people photos to increase your followers
6. Use relevant Hashtags: Hashtags have come a long way on social media and Instagram is not an exception. Making use of relevant hashtags help get you more visibility and popular on Instagram. The more hashtags you use, the more popular your photos will become. This means more likes, more followers and more comments which all help boost your profile
7. Exchange Shoutouts: this is simply a method of promoting others while they promote you too. It’s simply a win-win situation for both members. This method helps in promoting your profile. You need to simply find people within your niche and reach out to them and ask for a shoutout. You can simply do this by sending them a simple email or request on Instagram.
How to Build Real Followers on Instagram
The Right Way to Grow Your Business Using this Powerful Brand, Audience, and Content-Marketing Tool
We’ve been talking lately about how to boost your business marketing with Instagram. Contrary to what many people still believe, Instagram isn’t just a fun app where you can post food, holiday, and family pics.
Instagram has become a powerful brand-building, audience-building, and content-marketing tool for businesses. It has over 200 million active monthly members sharing 60 million images and 1.6 billion likes per day.
A note of caution: there are plenty of people out there who promise to grow your Instagram followers by the thousands, but beware. Most of them use fake accounts created by bots to inflate your numbers.
These types of followers have zero value. In fact, they can even be dangerous, wanting to steal your password or photos or infect you with a virus.
According to the data security company Imperva, these bad bots account for 28.9 percent of the bots on Instagram.
The best way to build your Instagram followers is by being authentic to your brand and your audience. Igtok is also a simple way to increase Instagram followers.
Here are 3 tips to help you get real Instagram followers:
1. Tell a Story with Hashtags
It’s great to use your business name as a hashtag, but you need to think beyond that.
If you want to use your Instagram posts to get followers, use other hashtags that tell the story of the image you’re sharing. You want to start a conversation when you’re sharing posts for things like:
- Product launches
A good example of a brand that does this well is @Tostitos. They use the hashtag #GetTogetherAlready to encourage people to get together and share their chips, and also to use the hashtag when they share photos of their meetups.
By using engaging, relevant hashtags, you can be discovered in Instagram searches and hopefully build up followers on Instagram.
2. Get Creative
Instagram is all about photos, so many people think of the caption as an afterthought.
Don’t neglect the image caption! You can generate engagement and promote sharing by using descriptive words that will engage, inspire and entertain your followers.
Here are some ideas to help you build up followers on Instagram with your posts:
• Use questions in your caption. Write your question at the beginning of the post so that people see it first.
• Get personal with your post. Tell a story about yourself, or how your product helped or inspired someone else.
• Ask people to tag others. Asking people to tag three of their best friends or tagging someone they are grateful for brings other potential followers into the equation.
A great example of a brand that does personal posts well is the @NatGeo Instagram account.
They create breathtaking Instagram Stories with informative captions to educate the user on the plight of animals around the world.
Remember when it comes to using Instagram posts to get followers, it’s all about being authentic. Don’t use questions in every single post or tell a personal story that isn’t genuine.
3. Go, Local
One of the best ways to build your Instagram followers is to get to know your neighbors!
Whether you’re creating Instagram ads or want to promote your event in a specific area, you can see what’s going on near you by going to the search page and clicking on the Places tab.
Type in the location to see the geotagged posts for that area. Then visit relevant and recently tagged posts – not those of competing businesses, obviously – and leave a comment or even an emoji, and follow the person if you like what you see. Hopefully, this will be the start of an organic interaction.
For example, if you offer life coaching services, you could type in your location followed by “entrepreneurs.” Local entrepreneurs may be looking for more work and life balance or help with life goals or career challenges.
Similarly, if you have a physical location that people have checked into on Instagram, comment on those posters’ pictures to make sure they’re aware of your Instagram presence, and then follow them.
These are some of the best ways to build Instagram followers the right way: no bots, no shortcuts, just tried and true ways to engage with your audience and turn them into followers!
Susan Friesen, the founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant, and Social Media Advisor. She works with entrepreneurs who struggle with the lack of knowledge, skill, and support needed to create their online business presence.